Brands are always engrossed by cutting edge technologies that would help them succeed and revolutionized the way they do their business. One of the latest trends in Facebook Messenger marketing is the use of chatbots. There are far more reasons why chatbots should be utilized on your Facebook page. According to a report from Gartner, about 40% of mobile interactions would be managed by chatbots by 2020.
However, there are businesses who likely struggle to improve their customer service — getting started with chatbots is not that complicated as it may seem. Facebook Messenger, chatbots, in particular are getting more popular with different industries in customer service because of the fact that people are always looking for quick responses to their questions and inquiries. Therefore, chatbots offer an instant solution to this problem.
In addition, 47% of consumers opt to look for a different brand because of poor customer service experiences — this is according to a report from Microsoft. An excellent customer service is fundamental if you want to improve your business’ image, increase sales, and have better customer loyalty.
Now you must be thinking about where to begin in figuring out how to create a chatbot for your Facebook page’s customer service.
Worry not because you can easily create a free chatbot using MobileMonkey in just five minutes. Here are five ways that you can use as a guide in getting started with chatbots that serve as your customer service.
- Automate your FAQ chatbot
One of the simplest ways to use Facebook Messenger chatbot is to automate your FAQ. It is simple and straightforward where questions can easily be answered by your bot. Having this feature on your page’s Messenger will give you an upper hand into giving your customers immediate answers to the generic questions they may have about your business, products, or services.
You may want to consider creating a chatbot that can answer these questions:
- What is your phone number?
- What is your address/location?
- What are your store hours?
- Make appointments or book a service for your customers
Another way to utilize your Facebook Messenger chatbot is by using it to make appointments or book a service for your customers. Does your business take reservations or appointments? Chatbots can make your service more efficient because your customers won’t have to call your number or wait in line for minutes just to secure a schedule with you.
- Make product purchases easier for your customers
Chatbots can also be designed to help you sell products and increase your conversion. You can create a chatbot that can show your customers what they need and what they’re looking for, making the process pretty easy and simple, right in their Messenger app.
Here are some effective tips for creating a chatbot that sells:
- Ensure that your chatbot can answer your product questions well — because most of the times, consumers aren’t purchasing because they lack information about a product.
- Build a chatbot that would allow you to accept payments through services such as PayPal or Stripe. This can help you generate more sales than having to send your customers to your mobile website.
- Never forget to ask if they want to look for other options or if they need anything else before checking out a product. More often than not, customers are willing to look and purchase some add-ons.
- Deliver personalized content for your customers
Any personalized experience is a plus for your customer service. There are businesses that use chatbot solely for delivering content — it serves as an extension of their content marketing strategy. This kind of feature or service helps you nurture your relationships with customers and at the same time provide value to them.
Here are some best practices to keep in mind:
- Always treat your chatbot like content marketing. It is true that selling shouldn’t be your primary objective, but doing this can help you send your customers to your website.
- Ensure that your website is mobile-friendly and responsive.
- Always give your contact information to your customers for when they need additional help like customer service issues.
- If you can, include browsing menus because it helps your customers find your products easily.
- Send coupons or special offers
Increase attention to your brand by sending your customers coupons or special offers via Facebook Messenger. Say, you can offer them a 15% discount for a limited time offer or giving a coupon for a previous item they purchased from you.
Your customer service chatbot is always ready to help you and serve your customers 24/7 without the need of having to pay for an operator to cater to their needs. According to Narrative Science, 44% of executives think that AI’s (artificial intelligence) most important benefit is automated communication that provides information to customers that can help them make purchasing decisions.
Once you’ve created a chatbot, you must also keep an open mind to learning and exploring more about utilizing it for your business. Keep an eye on the innovating technology and trends so you can go with its flow easily.